Saturday 3 November 2012

Product Roundup: Superdrug 2 in 1 Nail & Hand Cream, Models Own 'Peacock Green' Nail polish

Hello again!

It's been a while since I posted...life has been getting in the way as usual...
Over the past half a month or so I've gotten a few new bits and pieces on my travels around the shops.
I thought it might be a good idea to update with a roundup of some of what I've managed to find!

1)  Superdrug 2 in 1 Hand & Nail Cream

You may have seen me mention before that one of my very good friends works in Superdrug, so quite often we'll go there after college and she'll tell me about the new nail stuff / cosmetics that are in store. The other day we went in so that I could find something to help strengthen my paper-thin, bendy nails. Unfortunately for my nails, I paint them so much that they're bearing the brunt of damage from regular acetone use. Luckily I've switched over to an acetone free remover (also from Superdrug!) that's gentler and also smells weirdly nice for a solvent....mysterious.

Anyway, I asked her to help me find something that would help restore my nails to a stronger state without costing me too much. Lately I seem to run out of money quickly (probably due to too much time spent in places like Superdrug!) so this is really important. She ran off and found me a bottle of this  amazing stuff:



(I thought I'd include ingredients just in case.)

The cream is nice and moisturising and not too greasy at all. It smells floral but not overtly so, and best of all is only 99p! It's great if you have dry hands/cuticles, which is an especial problem in Autumn/Winter. I find it really useful if I have a cracked cuticle to use some of this to ease the damage.

The best thing about this cream is that it actually does what it says on the tin - it does help strengthen my nails immensely! As I said, my nails are very weak at the moment, and after a week of regular use (by that I mean massaging the cream into bare nails once / twice a day) my nails are holding up much better. They're peeling less and feel much much stronger and less dry! My right hand nails especially are extremely strong compared to how they were, which is rare for me as my nails have always been weak.

Overall, I love love love this cream, it smells lovely and does a great job of sorting dry cuticles, weak nails and dry hands. A great product for the colder months!

...................................................................................................................................................................

2)  Models Own nail polish in Peacock Green:







1 coat



2 moderate coats

2 coats PG, 1 coat American Apparel Meteor Shower




Again, 2 coats PG, 1 coat AA Meteor Shower



Peacock Green is a lovely, subtly shimmery green duochrome. Its main base colour is a lovely conifer green, kind of bottle green if you look at it in certain lights. In other lights, however, you can identify hints of teal and blue. This gives it the aforementioned duochrome effect.
It has a nice green shimmer going through it and applies smoothly. Drying time is pretty average. It's opaque for me in 2 moderate coats. I can't say much about chipping yet, but it appears to be holding up well!

I tried a coat of American Apparel's Meteor Shower nail polish on top, and the results were great! MS is a clear base with shards of gold foil in it. It's on the thick side but applies nicely and dries quite quickly. I have a weakness for cool topcoats as you can mix and match them with pretty much any colour, and as a big fan of all things gold this polish is a sure fire winner for me.

As always, I used my Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps as a base coat and Revlon Liquid Quick Dry to speed up drying time (this stuff is great, it smells of lychees and does the job really well!).



That's me done rambling for the minute, thanks for reading!  ♫  




No comments:

Post a Comment