Thursday 22 November 2012

NOTD: Models' Own Peacock Green with Jewelled Index Finger

Hello!

Today I've got a really simple and effective nail art look. Accent fingers are always so much fun to do, and add a little extra interest to an otherwise run-of-the-mill manicure.
Recently I took a trip to Poundland and got some really cool bits and pieces there! I picked up 3 glitter polishes, a Revlon polish in Lilac Pastelle (I'll report back on these at a later date) and 2 wheels of nail art bits and bobs.
The first wheel contains little polymer clay cane butterflies in all different colours! They're very cute and stay on well provided you use a cuticle stick to get them to sit continuously along the curve of the nail bed.
The second wheel contains little shaped  rhinestones in every colour of the rainbow! There are hearts, round ones, squares, moons, stars...even little black triangles for when I want to create a studded effect.
Anyway, I decided to use the rhinestones to create a simple accent nail on a dark manicure. I don't actually own that many dark nail polishes, but this one that I used is a personal favourite. It's Peacock Green by Models' Own, and it's beautiful!

This is a picture of my right hand - I only did an accent nail on my left, but I think I'll do the same on my right this evening. This picture lets you see the general colour makeup of this polish. It's supposed to be a duochrome, and it's a very subtle one at that, but that's why I like it I suppose. The duochrome effect means that in some lights, it appears to be a dark bottle green verging on teal. Turn your nail the other way, and it's a shimmery forest green! The nature of the shimmer is vaguely frosty and pearly but very rich, and the overall effect of the polish is extremely shiny, even without topcoat.

I applied the gems by waiting until PG was dry (2 coats), then I put on a layer of clear topcoat. Once tacky, I used a cuticle stick to pick up gems and drop them onto the nail surface. When the topcoat was almost dry, I gently pressed the gems down to make sure they stuck properly. Then, I put on a layer of an acrylic topcoat to secure them.
Again, you can see here just how shiny the polish is! It applies evenly and is completely opaque in 2 relatively fast-drying coats, but if you wanted a slightly sheerer look I think you could get away with one coat, although this would diminish the colour a lot in my opinion.
As for chipping, I can't comment yet as I've only had this on for half a day or so, but I will report back next time I post to update you!

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment