Saturday 10 November 2012

OPI Goldeneye Review and Swatches!

Hello! :)

Today my bottle of OPI's Goldeneye got here in the post from beautycow.com! (Great website by the way - it has loads of OPI stuff for cheap, this polish came to about £10.50 with shipping which is 50p cheaper than an OPI polish from the shops, not including petrol!) I was super happy because the shipping was only 2 days, very good!

So this polish is from OPI's new Skyfall collection. It's just so gorgeous!



The polish is comprised of a clear base packed full of micro flakes of gold! The gold itself is very warm, which I personally prefer...but if you're a person for cooler toned golds then this is perhaps not for you.
Either way, it looks like someone's put gold leaf on my nails! It's a stunning colour and looks beautiful in any light - artificial, natural or even in the shade.
I can't express how shiny it is in person, even more so than these photos! The second photo in the shade is a truer representation of the shine of this polish. I could rant forever about how shiny this polish is, the flakes add to this by diffracting light all over the place and making an amazing effect of complete shimmer!

Application wise, in these photos I'm wearing a good three coats (only thin ones, mind you). Each coat was extremely quick to dry, only taking about 5 minutes. It applied very smoothly and the finished product after 3 coats isn't bumpy at all. A lick of topcoat adds a bit of extra shine and longevity. 
At RRP £11.00 it's not cheap, but totally worth the money in my opinion. It's everything I've ever wanted in a gold polish - true warmth, golden-orange tones and seriously amazing sparkle! 
Like I said, beautycow.com have this for about £7.50 not including postage. They seem to have all of the Skyfall collection on there too. I know where I'll be making my OPI purchases from now on! 




Thanks for reading, let me know what you think!
Amber 

No comments:

Post a Comment