Tuesday 9 October 2012

OPI "Nothin Mousie Bout It" Review & Swatches!

Hello everyone!
Today I'm reviewing another limited edition OPI polish. This one is from the Vintage Minnie Mouse collection from S/S '12, and it's one I've had my eye on for a while. I tried to get a bottle in many different shops, but even Selfridge's in London were sold out by the time I had money to spare! It's a very popular polish, and it doesn't help that the display rack for this collection only has 2 or 3 spaces for bottles of this polish at one time! No matter, because this weekend I took a trip to Debenhams in Southampton (which I thoroughly recommend visiting - it's never busy and there is so much choice of stuff, they have all sorts of brands including Benefit, YSL and even some lesser known ones, and of course a biiig selection of OPI) and sitting there were the last 2 bottles in the shop of NMBI! I immediately bought one and here we have some swatches that I've done below - I've swatched 2 coats of NMBI over 1 coat of OPI's Rosy Future.

As you can see, NMBI is pretty darn sheer. It's a jellyish pink flakie (flakes are goldy-orange, pink and purple, very very pretty in the light!) with pink heart glitter. You've got to fish this out of the botte with the brush and place them yourself, but to be honest it's not too much of a bother for me and I like being able to be exact with where the hearts are. If you tip the bottle gently to the side for a second the hearts should stick to the brush and you can place them as you want.

In these two photos, I used 1 coat of a hot pink jelly polish (name has rubbed off the bottle!) by 2True. It was free with an offer, but usually retails for something like £1.99. It's not super bad quality, but even so, it's going to chip quickly because it's cheap. Oh well! :) Anyway, this is one coat of NMBI, again heart glitter placed by hand with the bottle brush, on top of the pink.
I really do love this polish. It's not exactly cheap at £11, but I adore the flakie effect and the hearts are just adorable! I can get plenty of use out of this polish and the flakies are extremely pretty even on their own! It's not great to wear on it's own but I love it over Rosy Future as you can see the bluey-pinky-purple sheen of RF underneath the flakies, which makes the most beautiful shimmery effect in the light!

Later today I'll be doing a biiiig nail look roundup post, so stay tuned and I hope you like this post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment